Monday, May 17, 2010

On to something new!

Well I didn't get good news from my latest treatment so I'm off to San Diego for something new. I am seeing a new doc. at the Ucsd cancer center and starting a new protocol on wednesday. This new thing is called ipilibumab and has about a 15% chance of working, and a 6% cure rate. I'm pretty sure it's my turn to be in one of these percentages! I just got my brain MRI results and it came up clean, so thats a relief. This new treatment is not chemotherapy so I won't lose the half inch of hair that I have now! It's another form of immunotherapy that's suppose to get my T-cells working against these damn cancer cells.
Me and the fam. are doing really good, it's surprisingly weird how normal life can be with cancer. In some ways, so much better, because I really appreciate the normal! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. SD is nice this time of year. I hope you get to at least see some of the town.

    Take care Blondie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're still praying for you amanda and that won't stop. i think you're right, it's your turn to be on the flip side of those percentages. you will! just wait. we miss and love you. i hope the kids and josh are holding up okay and their spirit is at least half of yours. can't wait to see you healthy again...

    ReplyDelete